How many kids do you have? Is this your only child?

Dear Maryam,

I could never find the answers to that. Today, mama, Bapak and Abam went out for lunch. Abam was playing with a boy next to our table. As they were playing, the aunty asked mama and bapak "Is this your only child?"

And we didnt know what to say. We looked at each other, and Mama answered yes. I am so sorry Maryam. I didnt mean to say that but I didnt know what to say.

Bapak wanted to answer "No. We have a girl. She is at home".

Same goes when Mama had to complete any forms. "No and details of children"

I never knew what to write. Should I leave your name out or should I state there
"1. Muhammad Harith Qadri , 4
2. Maryam Saffiyah, -"?

I really dont know.

5 comments:

  1. Nurul, just to let you know, I have the same problem (? as I dont know whether its a problem or not). If people asked me how many children, I just said 2, without explaining anything to the strangers. If I answer 1, I think, it will hurts me more.And yes, I have problem in filling in the form.... and that one, I have to put 1....

    Take care dear... really wish that someday, I just can hug u.....

    baya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think i need a hug too. and i wish i can hug you too. why dont we meet up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. insyaAllah Nurul, one day nanti kita plan ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. salam..

    salam perkenalan..i link blog u ..bleh

    ReplyDelete